Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Journey Begins...

Our car is packed and we're ready to hit the road somewhere around 0 dark 30. We're both very tired from trying to get all the stuff we probably won't wear into our various pieces of luggage. My God, life back in the day was so much simpler. A few tee shirts, a couple of pairs of jeans, two pairs of shoes and there you have it. Nowadays, you'd think we were packing for a freakin' trip around the damn world.




The big event of this evening was that my wife, in going through her jewelry found something she thought she had lost or had been stolen long ago: her Culver ring. I had not seen it in the entire time we've been together, so this was a momentous occasion (and also eases my mind for not having replaced it for a Christmas, birthday, or anniversary long before now.) We both appreciated the irony that it was only through a return trip to Culver that she found her ring.




I haven't worn mine since we got married, primarily because I always wore mine on my left hand which now holds my wedding band, and it didn't fit nearly as well on my right. But, since she found hers, well....




At the moment we are in the, "where's the (fill in the blank)?" stage. You know the one where you're sure you're forgetting something, but you're not certain, and even if you found it, you might not need it, but then again, you might want it. (There's a George Carlin story in there somewhere.)




All that's left is to stow the last few items in the chariot in the morning and we are northbound. We'll push as far as we feel tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment